Pirex Global Consult is an organisation working at revamping the food production system and agricultural outlook in Nigeria through active engagement with rural farmers using modern farming techniques and innovative urban market development to increase yield while reducing postharvest loss with development of farm gate technologies. With our vision to have a food secured community and our desire to reduce unemployment and malnutrition to the lowest in Nigeria, we are opening new phase of operation in Ikene-Remo Ogun State.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following positions:
Salary is based on industry standard. However, experience and professionalism will be considered.
Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
Female candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Location for all the available posts is Ikene-Remo, Ogun State.
Practical experience (internship, volunteering and graduate trainee) in previous roles may be an advantage.
Job Titles: Project Manager (Team leader)
The project manager will serve as the branch head for the organization. He/She will be responsible for initiating actions and activities to ensure the project objectives are met. He/She will be saddled with responsibility of staff management, stakeholder engagement, community engagement and efficient management of the project and other units head in the project. Timely reporting and monitoring of the project activities to the regional manager.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the project team to achieve all project objectives
- Responsible for effective and timely project planning, implementation and reporting
- Coordinate production activities, marketing activities, media activities and processing activities of the organization at the said branch.
- Provide relevant linkages among stakeholders including cooperatives.
- Organise capacity building for project team
- Ensure continuous improvement of the team (e.g. forums for field officers, value addition directors etc.)
- Coordinate documentation and visibility of the project.
- Develop and manage an effective feedback mechanism in the project
- Responsible for budget management and control
- Clear understanding of human capacity development and community engagement;
- Practical knowledge on gender equality, youth and women empowerment;
- Knowledge of enterprise development and linkages to poverty alleviation;
- Strong interpersonal/people management skills and excellent oral and written communication skills a must;
- Proven experience in building the capacity of farmer institutions to document and disseminate industry information, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and advocate within the industry;
- Track record of building strong stakeholder relationships;
- Valid and clean driving license (with ability to use manual-gear vehicles).
The production director will be responsible for healthy production of crops and animals. He/She will ensure availability of product and also manage relationship with local farmers and stakeholders. Must be relevant and up to date with seasonality of food production for efficient planning.
- Plan and draw up a production schedule
- Ensure that the production will be cost effective by estimating costs and negotiating and agreeing budgets with both clients and managers
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Conduct studies to discover ways to improve the efficiency of crop and livestock production processes;
- Oversee the hiring and training of farm workers;
- Monitor every aspect of the farm to ensure compliance with established procedures and best standards;
- Set production objectives for both crop and livestock and implement action plans for achieving set targets within the overall project objectives;
- Conduct forecast to identify potential risks and contingencies in a proposed project
- Planning and organisation skills;
- The ability to act decisively and manage workers
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients
- Strong negotiation skills for getting input within budget at the right time
- The ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate others to meet deadlines
- Results-driven approach to work
Media and Marketing Director
Media director will develop and implement all targeted content for various media platforms. The media director will archive all project activities. Research, develop and edit all contents to for feasibility of the organization and public engagement.
- Determine the best media outlet mix for promotional strategies
- Monitor online and offline ad campaigns (e.g. on radio, TV, websites, magazines and billboards)
- Promotion of organization impact and activities video
- Weekly brand pushing the organization activities to target audience using infographics, motion graphics
- Maintenance of media gadget, directs and coordinates worker activities, such as resources material preparation, Photography, Videography
- Set media operations objectives and implement action plans for achieving set targets
- Set monthly goals for expected revenue from marketing of the organization’s product and services.
- Optimize advertising strategies for varying audiences and channels
- Ensure a cohesive advertising message across campaigns
Value Addition Director
The value addition manager position will be responsible for extending the shelf lives of product and also increase the market worth of produce through processing.
- Deploy ways to improve the efficiency of processing and storage facilities
- Oversee the hiring and training agricultural processing personnel
- Ensure timely branding and processing of produce to target audience
- Develop effective record for monitoring value added service of the organization.
- Monitor every aspect of value addition and quality control to ensure compliance with established procedures and standards
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and replacement of equipment to ensure smooth work operations
- Develop and promote new agricultural product to boost sales and increase generated returns
- Allot work tasks to company staff according to their specialization and history
- Set production objectives and implement action plans for achieving set targets
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to the specified email below using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
All mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.